Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kirkism...

My brother is in town for his high school reunion this weekend and Kirk decided to take me out to eat. We decided on Nu-way on the corner of 13th and Woodlawn. It was Friday evening and for some reason we were the only customers under 80 in the place. It was a good meal, the root beer rocked. We ate quickly and had great conversation about just about everything. I love talking to Kirk. He's insightful, intelligent, sensitive and empathetic. He and I are quite a bit alike in many ways, so it's always easy and comfortable to be with him. I told him if I could find a man like him I would marry him. This coming from a woman who said she would never marry again, but I would if I could find a man like my brother. Needless to say I think highly of him......

Well, among his many qualities - humor is one quality that stands out for me. As we were getting into the truck, we were talking about Seattle and how I would love to live in that area....let's face it, Kansas is flat and geographically boring. So he says.......

(here's the Kirkism) :

"Well, you know what they say about Kansas don't you?"

"no" I say.

With a barely perceivable grin he says.....

"If your dog runs away today....four day later, you will still be able to see him running."

yep......Kansas is that flat.

No comments: