Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vampires at the Blood Bank

So I'm at the blood bank, hooked up with a line in my arm and watching the DVD they have playing for donors to watch which happens to be "Twilight". The irony of watching of a vampire moving while giving blood makes me smile. I love irony. I loved the following conversation even more:

Male attendant:
So what's the big deal with Edward, nobody thought he was hot when he was in Harry Potter!

Female attendant:
I don't know, he's just hot....like mysterious and stuff.

Male attendant:
So a dead guy that sucks your blood is hot...yeah...you girls are crazy and man I just don't understand what you all want. You say you want a good guy...but every girl I know is going crazy over this bloodsucker...whatever....(exasperated - throwing hands up).

Female attendant:
No! Dude it's the mystery! It's the power! Not that he's dead....geez! He's like all in love with her and wants to protect her and he's really powerful and willing to risk anything for her! He loves her unconditionally!! That's really hot!

Male attendant:
Whatever...like we mortal men can compete against that.

Female attendant:
See you just don't get it, it's not his looks so much, even though he is hot....it's the way he treats her, he's respectful, he's protective, he's kind and sweet.....

Male attendant:
Ummm.....and he kills people!!!

Female attendant:
Umm....no! Edward doesn't! Gawd! (she stomps off)

Male attendant:
(Turns to me) What do women want?

I just smiled.
He wasn't listening very well. Typical man.




Yes, I love irony.

No comments: