Monday, July 28, 2008

Kirk came back to ICT!

It doesn't happen very often that we get to see our little (youngest) brother Kirk, what with continent hopping, speaking in front of thousands, family, church, friends, book and article writing and his various hobbies. Busy man that he is, we are always happy that he finds time to drive all night from whatever state where happens to be that is somewhat close to Kansas to see us.

We all relish the time we have with him. For some reason he seems to gel the family and for awhile, we all enjoy his humor, wit and engrossing storytelling (he's got some good ones) and his general easy going and charming nature. I think I will always be impressed that he rubs elbows with Bill Gates......and I'm not easily impressed. I would love to find a man like my brother. I think the world of him and I love being around him.

We thought he was coming in the week before, but we got the weeks wrong (actually it was my eldest sister Becky who got it wrong, but I'm not one to point fingers or anything....).

We had a great time despite the fact our entertaining and much missed brother was not there. We kind of had a practice gathering to warm up our sense of humor, wipe the copwebs off our storytelling and sharpen our wit before Kirk arrived. We all decided we didn't make time to get together enough and should try and do it more often and not just when "Golden Child" came to town (giggle), we love ya Kirk!
From left to right: My nephew Dustin(Luann's son), Samantha (my 16 year old younger sister), my dad Wayne in the chair, Leah (in purple, second oldest), Luann(third oldest), then Becky (oldest of all of us and our second mom).

1 comment:

James Kirk Haselden said...

Golden child huh?
Barf... :)
I can hear you guys all sniggering from here!